1. Check that they’re turned on
You would be surprised how often people haven’t realised that their lights have an on/off switch (not all of them do).
2. Check that there’s not a pull tab on the battery
This will apply to newly purchased lights only. Sometimes there is a pull tab on the battery that needs to be removed before the light will function. If your new solar light doesn’t work, definitely check on this.
3. Cover the panel to test the light
Generally speaking, solar lights do not work during the day. In order to test if the light is working, you will need to completely cover the solar panel to simulate darkness.
4. Ensure the solar panel is clean
A dirty solar panel can impact the amount of charge received. See our guide on how to clean your solar panel
5. Make sure the solar panel is positioned correctly
The solar panel should be positioned to receive sunlight all (or at least most of the) day, or else it might not be receiving sufficient charge. Do solar lights need direct sunlight to work?
6. Test with regular batteries if possible
In most instances of solar lights not working, it is the batteries at fault. Either they are not receiving charge or they are not holding it. If the lights work using normal batteries then it is clear that the problem is with either the rechargeable batteries or the solar panel.
7. Switch off and leave to charge for 72 hours
Solar lights will still charge if they are not turned on, and by turning them off you actually allow the battery to get a full charge over several days of sunlight. It is an idea to do this regularly with all of your solar lights.
8. Contact the retailer
If all else fails, contact the retailer that your purchased your lights from. All of our lights have a 12 month warranty. So, if you’ve tried the above steps and bought your lights from us within the last 12 months contact us.
- Solar Garden Lamp Is Also Called Solar Garden Lamp
- Solar Garden Lamp Benefits
- Solar Wall Lamp Working Principle
- Solar Yard Lamp Application Range
- Solar Garden Lamp Is An Advantage
- Solar Garden Lights Are Powered Mainly By Solar...
- Users Shall Install Light Fixtures On The Ground
- Common Fault Treatment Methods For Solar Street...
- Characteristics Of Solar Street Lamp Products
- What Are The Advantages Of Solar Holiday Lights
- How To Choose The Right Solar Lights
- How Does A Solar Garden Light Work?
- 6 Tips To Make Solar Lights Last Longer
- Customer Visit
- Can Solar Garden Light Batteries Be Replaced?
- Advantages Of Solar Garden Light
- NEW In 2019